Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb white mushroom, trimmed and sliced
- 1 lb shiitake mushroom, stems removed, sliced
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes, drained, cleaned of any grit
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry marsala
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 5 cups hot beef broth (Beef Broth (Brodo Di Manzo))
- italian crouton (large crostini)
- grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a soup pot; add in onion; cook until soft.
- Add in the garlic and mushrooms; stir/saute until mushrooms are nearly tender.
- Add in the Marsala; deglaze the pan over high heat.
- Add in the tomato paste and parsley; stir to mix tomato paste into the mushrooms; cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the beef broth; bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes; taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a large crostini in individual bowls and pour the soup over them; serve with sprinkled parmesan cheese.