Recipe by Kathy228
This is a quick recipe. The mushrooms can be chopped if desired. For a creamier soup, garnish with sour cream.
Top Review by chia
delicious, this would be a great recipe for 2 as an appetizer, i just love mushrooms and tarragon together. this is also quick cooking, less than 30 minutes from start to finish with big flavor, great week night soup, i made it for lunch as i was home today.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chunked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup light cream (half-and-half)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in pan.
- Add the onions and sauté until they are transparent.
- Add the seasonings and stir for one minute.
- Add the mushrooms and 1/4 cup water.
- Sauté until mushrooms are done; about 7-8 minutes. Turn off heat, put lid on pan and let set for about 10-minutes to develop the mushroom flavor.
- Add the cream and simmer on LOW for about 8-minutes. DO NOT BOIL.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve in two bowls with a dollop of sour cream on top.