Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a traditional soup in the Sub-Carpathian region, served on Christmas Eve to end the Christmas fast. The soup is served with Bobalky, a bread shaped into balls (see my recipe).
- Wash mushrooms and cook in water until tender.
- Strain, reserving water.
- Chop mushrooms.
- Add sauerkraut juice, salt, and pepper to water (to taste).
- Return to a boil.
- Brown flour in butter until light brown.
- Add onion and saute until brown.
- Add 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Strain and add to mushroom water along with the mushrooms.
- Simmer until everything is at serving temperature.
- Serve with Bobalky.