1 hr 30 mins
Pa. Hiker's Note:
This is a traditional soup in the Sub-Carpathian region, served on Christmas Eve to end the Christmas fast. The soup is served with Bobalky, a bread shaped into balls (see my recipe).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash mushrooms and cook in water until tender.
- 2Strain, reserving water.
- 3Chop mushrooms.
- 4Add sauerkraut juice, salt, and pepper to water (to taste).
- 5Return to a boil.
- 6Brown flour in butter until light brown.
- 7Add onion and saute until brown.
- 8Add 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil.
- 9Strain and add to mushroom water along with the mushrooms.
- 10Simmer until everything is at serving temperature.
- 11Serve with Bobalky.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Soup (sour)
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 31.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g