Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Soup pairs beautifully with a roasted pork loin. Add some cremini or shiitake mushrooms or use baby Bella instead of button for some nice variations.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 44.37 ml oil
- 158.51 ml half-and-half cream
- 59.14 ml onion, sliced lengthwise, chopped in half
- 1064.65 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In 2 quart saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in broth until smooth. Add salt, pepper and bay leaves. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another saucepan, sauté onion in oil until tender. Add mushrooms and cook and stir until tender. Add to broth mixture and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add half & half, heat through. Discard bay leaves and serve.