Recipe by Denise in NH
Serve with some crusty bread and wine. Delicious.
Top Review by Rob King
I liked this soup, and enjoyed it with a loaf of sourdough. We thought the sherry was a bit strong. I'll use a little less next time, maybe 1/2 cup. But if you like sherry, go for broke. Also, since there's no recomendation on how much salt and pepper to use, I used a chicken bouillon cube and a little pepper. Otherwise, fast, easy and tasty!
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups milk
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sweet sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak mushrooms in milk while sautéing onion in butter.
- In saucepan, add half and half, milk, mushrooms, sautéed onions, salt and pepper and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Place egg yolks in a bowl and mix with sherry.
- Pour egg yolk mixture slowly into ingredients in saucepan stirring constantly.
- Serve immediately.