Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a hearty soup that my family loves on cold winter days.
Make and share this Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g mushroom, washed and quartered
- 1 large yellow sweet onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, washed and sliced
- 2 large celery ribs, sliced
- 14.79 ml thyme
- 1419.54 ml beef stock (or 6 cups water with 6 beef bouillon cubes)
- 1 slice butter
- 29.58 ml cooking sherry
- Put butter and onion in large sauce pan. Cook onions until they start to appear clear or mildly caramelized 3-5 minutes on high heat. Add mushrooms, carrots, and celery, cook for 5 more minutes. Add the Thyme and beef stock. Simmer for the next 45 minutes- hour. Ten-Fifteen minutes prior to serving add sherry for taste and simmer until served.
Cut this in half and made as written using the beef broth. Delicious! I love mushroom soup and next time I am going to use a combo of mushrooms. Definately a keeper. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Made as written with the exception of at the end of cooking time, I put mine in the blender for a bit as I am feeding my father in law and he's not to good and has to have smooth, but it has the most terrific flavour. I always think ugh! when I see mushroom soup but then you taste it and Mmmmm wonderful I used portobello mushrooms and that made it very dark but it was fab. thank you for posting Made for Honor thy Mother the diabetic forum. May 2011.