Recipe by Jena Lewis
This is a hearty soup that my family loves on cold winter days.
Top Review by mama smurf
Cut this in half and made as written using the beef broth. Delicious! I love mushroom soup and next time I am going to use a combo of mushrooms. Definately a keeper. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- 1 lb mushroom, washed and quartered
- 1 large yellow sweet onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, washed and sliced
- 2 large celery ribs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 6 cups beef stock (or 6 cups water with 6 beef bouillon cubes)
- 1 slice butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Put butter and onion in large sauce pan. Cook onions until they start to appear clear or mildly caramelized 3-5 minutes on high heat. Add mushrooms, carrots, and celery, cook for 5 more minutes. Add the Thyme and beef stock. Simmer for the next 45 minutes- hour. Ten-Fifteen minutes prior to serving add sherry for taste and simmer until served.