Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This has to be the best mushroom soup I've ever tasted. I'm not sure who to credit for it.
- 453.59 g mushroom
- 29.58 ml sherry wine or 29.58 ml brandy
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 946.0 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Slice onion and mushrooms. Fry in butter.
- Crush garlic, and add to pan. Stir.
- Add sherry and chicken stock.
- Bring to boil and simmer about 15-20 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add cream (make sure it doesn't curdle).
- Simmer another 10 minutes.
- Blend and serve.
I used about a tablespoon of butter to saute the mushrooms and onions and used brandy. I didn't blend the soup but added a few teaspoons of flour to thicken.
This was a great success and very easy to make! Love it...
This was tasty! I used white wine, veggie broth, parsley and a little cornstarch to thicken it at the end. Thanks for posting!