Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This has to be the best mushroom soup I've ever tasted. I'm not sure who to credit for it.
Make and share this Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Slice onion and mushrooms. Fry in butter.
- Crush garlic, and add to pan. Stir.
- Add sherry and chicken stock.
- Bring to boil and simmer about 15-20 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add cream (make sure it doesn't curdle).
- Simmer another 10 minutes.
- Blend and serve.
I used about a tablespoon of butter to saute the mushrooms and onions and used brandy. I didn't blend the soup but added a few teaspoons of flour to thicken.
This was a great success and very easy to make! Love it...
This was tasty! I used white wine, veggie broth, parsley and a little cornstarch to thicken it at the end. Thanks for posting!