Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These soufflés are great as entrees for that special dinner. The combination of the earthy tones of the mushrooms and the fresh taste of the prawns works out especially well. Shrimp can be replaced with prawns; crème fraîche can be replaced with sour cream. Can be prepared a day in advance up to and including step 3.
- Clean and slice mushrooms. Clean and finely dice shallot. Clean, rinse, and drain thoroughly prawns.
- Heat half of butter and sauté shallot and mushroom until lightly browned (circa 7 mins). Puree. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt rest of butter in saucepan and add flour. Heat slowly while stirring until lightly browned. Whisk crème fraîche through; keep on whisking until thickened. (Don't worry if the crème fraîche separates slightly.) Allow to cool slightly.
- Separate eggs. Whisk yolks through roux (don't add second yolk until first one has been fully absorbed). Add mushroom puree, rosemary, and prawns.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 deg C (390 deg F). Grease four soufflé moulds. Whip egg white until stiff and fold carefully through mushroom mixture. Pour into moulds and bake in oven until golden brown (circa 20 mins). Serve immediately.