Is This Really Necessary's Note:
These soufflés are great as entrees for that special dinner. The combination of the earthy tones of the mushrooms and the fresh taste of the prawns works out especially well. Shrimp can be replaced with prawns; crème fraîche can be replaced with sour cream. Can be prepared a day in advance up to and including step 3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and slice mushrooms. Clean and finely dice shallot. Clean, rinse, and drain thoroughly prawns.
- 2Heat half of butter and sauté shallot and mushroom until lightly browned (circa 7 mins). Puree. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Melt rest of butter in saucepan and add flour. Heat slowly while stirring until lightly browned. Whisk crème fraîche through; keep on whisking until thickened. (Don't worry if the crème fraîche separates slightly.) Allow to cool slightly.
- 4Separate eggs. Whisk yolks through roux (don't add second yolk until first one has been fully absorbed). Add mushroom puree, rosemary, and prawns.
- 5Pre-heat oven to 200 deg C (390 deg F). Grease four soufflé moulds. Whip egg white until stiff and fold carefully through mushroom mixture. Pour into moulds and bake in oven until golden brown (circa 20 mins). Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Soufflés With Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.1
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 196.8 mg
- Sodium 139.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 7.6 g