I love mushrooms and could eat them everyday. And I love sandwiches for how easy and versatile they are. This one is yummy. You can top it with your choice of cheese before serving.
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Empty gravy mix into small bowl. Gradually add water, stirring with wire whisk until well blended.
- Add to mushrooms. Bring to boil, stirring frequently. Cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add turkey and toss to coat. Cook 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- You can top it with your choice of cheese if you want and spoon into buns just before serving.
This was a wonderful sandwich! I followed the recipe exactly and for my cheese I used pepper jack. I had it so messy that I had to use a knife and fork to eat it-LOL! That was OK though. :) Thanks so much for posting!!