Recipe by Outta Here
A good sauce for chicken breasts or pork chops. Use creminis (brown buttons) or portabello for and extra rich sauce.
Top Review by lauralie41
These mushrooms are amazing! I used baby bella's and white wine in place of the sherry. Loved that is was a thicker sauce and didnt spread all over the plate. The herbs were wonderful, tender mushrooms, and could easily be served for a upscale dinner party. Thank you Mike for another keeper! Made and reviewed for Kittencal's Recipe Tag Game.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml onion, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 340.19 g mushroom, sliced
- 36.97 ml flour
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml dried marjoram
- 1.23 ml salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 118.29 ml dry sherry
- 295.73 ml vegetable stock (home-made or use low-sodium vegetable bouillon and water)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic; sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and sauté until they start to give off their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and keep warm.
- Stir flour, paprika, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper into butter; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the sherry and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the stock and return mushrooms to pan; simmer 5 minutes.
- If thinner sauce desired, add small amounts of sherry until desired consistency.