1/7 Photos of Mushroom-Sherry Sauce
A good sauce for chicken breasts or pork chops. Use creminis (brown buttons) or portabello for and extra rich sauce.
My Private Note
cups sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup onion, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 3/4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock (home-made or use low-sodium vegetable bouillon and water)
- 1Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the onions and garlic; sauté 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in the mushrooms and sauté until they start to give off their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- 4Remove mushrooms and keep warm.
- 5Stir flour, paprika, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper into butter; cook 1 minute.
- 6Stir in the sherry and cook 1 minute.
- 7Stir in the stock and return mushrooms to pan; simmer 5 minutes.
- 8If thinner sauce desired, add small amounts of sherry until desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom-Sherry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.6
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 405.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: