Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like mushrooms, then this salad is for you. Simple but impressive. Although it is for 2, I have calculated it for any amount of serving and it works fine. I don't know where I got this.
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb firm white mushroom, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted lightly
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions, including some of the green part
- 2 boston lettuce leaves, rinsed and spun dry
- In a bowl whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, and salt & pepper to taste. Add the oil in a stream, whisking, until it is emulsified.
- Add the mushrooms, sesame seeds, and the scallion; toss the salad until it is combined well.
- Arrange a lettuce leaf on each plate and fill with the the mushroom mixture.
- Serves 2.
Very, very good and different salad! I used 1 T. each of vegetable and sesame oil and omitted the sesame seed (personal preference). I also added about 1/4 tsp. minced garlic. I served this with a grilled steak. Yum!!!