Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the only way I do mushrooms as a side dish-easy and tasty.
- 1 lb fresh white mushrooms or 1 lb cremini mushroom
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onions or 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until lightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, then chicken stock and stir fry for about 4 minutes.
- Add vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper and cook another minute, or until vinegar is absorbed.
Great recipe. Inneed something different, easy and available. This did the trick. My only change would be to hold off on the onions for a little longer. They (onions) started to burn before my mushrooms were done. When you cook 4 servings for 2 people and there are no leftovers it has to be good!
This was so good. We had them with steak. I sliced the mushrooms, used white wine instead of chicken stock and added a splash of Worcestershire Sauce.