Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can be used to stuff a turkey, or baked in a covered casserole dish. Cooking time would be dependent on your choice. I like to use the packaged seasoned bread crumbs, and also hot Italian sausage. Use what you and your family enjoy..
- Brown sausage, add ½ butter, celery, onions, and mushrooms.
- Sauté over low – med heat.
- add remainder of butter, and ½ can of chicken broth.
- Add in a separate bowl, or pan, the breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt, pepper, and sage.
- When vegetables are tender, add to breadcrumbs, and mix well, add remaining broth as needed to sufficiently moisten stuffing.
Absolutely love this recipe! Thank you for sharing it. I wish I had come across it in time for Thanksgiving. :) I ended up making it for New Years and it was a hit! Totally going to be my new go-to recipe for stuffing. The only thing I did different was add a bit more bread crumbs and used 3 tsp. dry sage. :)
Excellent, simple combination of ingredients. I made this to stuff a popover and just omitted the bread crumbs. I can see this working for a variety of situations, not just traditional stuffing. Loved the texture of the mushrooms with the sausage and the celery flavor that was subtle but not overpowering. Overall very well balanced and excellent comfort food. Thanks for sharing!
Awesome!! I made just as written. I used Pepperidge Farm Onion & Sage cubes. I also made a double batch and a lot left over to send Care Packages home with the son and grandchild. This recipe helped to make a perfect Thanksgiving meal. Thank you so much for posting the recipe.