10 hrs 5 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is one of my favorite crockpot roast recipes. The mushroom sauce turns a budget piece of meat into a masterpiece. Cooking times vary depending on the temperature setting you use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chuck roast or 1 1/2 lbs chuck roast or 1 1/2 lbs eye steak or 1 1/2 lbs round steaks or 1 1/2 lbs beef round rump roast, your choice
- 4 medium unpeeled potatoes, and quartered
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen baby carrots
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1Trim fat from meat, and if need be--trim the meat to fit into a 3 1/2 to 4-quart crock pot cooker.
- 2Combine potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, tarragon, and salt. Place the meat on top of the vegetables and pour the soup over the meat.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom-Sauced Pot Roast for the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.2
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 739.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 26.1 g