Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is one of my favorite crockpot roast recipes. The mushroom sauce turns a budget piece of meat into a masterpiece. Cooking times vary depending on the temperature setting you use.
Top Review by RecipeNut
I used a boneless chuck roast and after the 12 hours on low the meat was melt in your mouth! I made mashed potatoes and a salad to go along with this. Thanks for a keeper Recipe Fairy ; )
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chuck roast or 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast or 1 1⁄2 lbs eye steak or 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs beef round rump roast, your choice
- 4 medium unpeeled potatoes, and quartered
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen baby carrots
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from meat, and if need be--trim the meat to fit into a 3 1/2 to 4-quart crock pot cooker.
- Combine potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, tarragon, and salt. Place the meat on top of the vegetables and pour the soup over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.