Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a flourless gravy that is great served over cooked egg noodles or drizzled over breaded chicken breasts, since there is no flour added it's great for anyone that can not have any gluten products.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- 2 -3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (can use more to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in onion, bell pepper, sliced mushrooms and cayenne pepper; cook until the mushooms loose their moisture and are tender.
- Add in the garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the canned soup and cream; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese.
- Season with black pepper and a little salt.