This is a flourless gravy that is great served over cooked egg noodles or drizzled over breaded chicken breasts, since there is no flour added it's great for anyone that can not have any gluten products.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- 2 -3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (can use more to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add in onion, bell pepper, sliced mushrooms and cayenne pepper; cook until the mushooms loose their moisture and are tender.
- 3Add in the garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in the canned soup and cream; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 5Mix in the Parmesan cheese.
- 6Season with black pepper and a little salt.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Sauce (No-Flour)
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.2
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 479.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g