Recipe by Kanzeda
I am a pasta fanatic (no Atkins diet for me). Of all of the pasta sauces I have made,this is the best! To go really crazy I splerge and put it on Rossi's Wild Mushroom linguine. YUM!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups porcini mushrooms (1 ½ oz)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped prosciutto (2 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups sliced cremini mushrooms or 4 cups button mushrooms (8 oz)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cups hot cooked cavatappi pasta (2 cups uncooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine boiling water and porcini mushrooms in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- Rinse and coarsely chop mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add prosciutto and sauté for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add onion; sauté for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the porcini mushrooms, Cremini mushrooms and the next 4 ingredients; cook 4 minutes until browned, stirring frequently.
- Stir in Broth and Wine, scrapping the pan to loosen browned bits.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add pasta, tossing to coat.