Adapted from Company's Coming Make Ahead Meals by J. Pare.
Make and share this Mushroom Sauce for Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Add mushroom and onions and sauté until soft.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and simmer for about 4 minutes, until thickened, stirring often.
- Add meatballs and simmer until heated through.
- To freeze: Double or triple sauce and divide into 3 cup containers or freezer bags. Label and freeze for up to 3 months; Defrost in fridge overnight or in microwave; add cooked meatballs and cook or bake until heated through.