Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Also very good mixed with chopped leftover steak and served over pasta or rice.
Make and share this Mushroom Sauce for Broiled or Grilled Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- Heat Butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, and mustard.
- Saute for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and parsley to the skillet.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in whipping cream.
- Heat over low-medium heat to serving temperature; do not boil.
- Spoon over steak.
Very good but it needs fresh garlic, I added in a couple tablespoons, also I used shallots in place of green onions, thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)
Yummy! The only thing I added was some cheddar cheese. Everyone kept asking me how I made it, we really enjoyed it over our balsamic london broil steak.
This was so good! I used shallots in place of green onion. I poured the sauce on grilled steaks that had just been salted and peppered. Made for ZWT6.