For this recipe use either the cottage cheese or sour cream - you really can tell very little difference. Make in advance, if you wish and just reheat. I don't like my sauce too thick but add a bit more flour if it is too thin for your liking. Add garlic, hot peppers whatever you fancy, this is just the base recipe.
- Melt butter in a frypan and saute the mushrooms for about 3 minutes.
- Blend in the flour, salt, pepper, thyme& chives.
- Meanwhile dissolve the beef cube in the boiling water and stir into the frypan mixture Keep stirring until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Take pan off the heat and stir in the cottage cheese (sour cream).
- Keep warm and serve with BBQ meats, chicken.
Very good mushroom sauce. I took the recipe camping with us and we had it with london broil. Very yummy. My husband also put it on his potatoes and said it was great with the potatoes. I will be using this recipe again. I used sour cream instead of the cottage cheese and it turned out fine. Thanks for posting your recipe.
Wonderful! I used sour cream and a fairly coarse cut on the mushrooms because I love a nice chunky texture to mushroom sauce. It thickened fairly gradually so it was nice and easy to get to the desired consistency. Apart from the great taste the cooking and preparation time was fast so it was easy to get ready at just the right time to serve immediately.
This sauce is GREAT! I added some garlic and used sour cream. I served it over boneless stuffed pork roast, it is so good I will be making it again!