Top Review by Derf
Excellant mushroom sauce, used it as a side with wrapped pork chops over poiled red potatoes. The sauce really complemented the potatoes and was raved over by all at the table. Thanks for posting I will be making it again
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute' mushrooms in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender Reduce heat to low; sprinkle mushrooms mixture with flour, and cook,.
- stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Whisk in broth and half-and-half.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring often.
- Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper; simmer 2 minutes.
- Serve warm over chicken, pork, beef, or seafood.
- Makes 2 cups.