Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby portabella mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter over medium heat in large sauté pan, add the mushrooms and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Mix the chopped parsley with the sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve over meat or pasta.
This was absolutely awesome with prime rib!!
This is very good for a quick, easy and very tasty mushroom sauce. We had it over boneless skinless chicken breasts that I roasted with only salt, pepper and garlic. The mushroom sauce made the whole dish! A keeper that I will definately make again as it was a hit! Made for Bargain Basement Dec 2010.