Ben's Mom's Note:
This was a recipe I found in BHG. It is very easy to make and tastes fabulous over mashed potatoes. Would be great to serve w/ a nice steak for the meat eaters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add mushrooms. Cook stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until browned,.
- 3Add shallot, cook 2 minutes.
- 4Add dried tomatoes, thyme, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 5Add wine or chicken broth. Cook and stir, scraping up brown bits from pan.
- 6Add cream. Bring to boiling.
- 7Simmer, uncovered 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.3
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 47.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g