Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 60 g butter
- 125 g mushrooms, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Heat butter in a pan. Add mushrooms, cook until mushrooms are just tender.
- Stir in flour, cook 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in water, crumbled stock cube, and tomato paste.
- Season with salt & pepper.
This is such an easy recipe and it is delicious. We serve this all the time with grilled steak.
Yum! Really good mushroom sauce that I enjoyed along with a T-Bone and some vegies, only change I made was to use double the amount of sauce per serve, as well as a delicious sauce it was almost a side-dish in itself served that way. Other thing I enjoyed about the recipe is that it's very easy to get to the desired thickness you prefer.