Recipe by bmcnichol
I got the orginal recipe from Taste of Home's Fast Family Favorites but modified it just a bit. This is one of my family's favorite meals and it freezes nicely also.
Top Review by Lainey39
This is a good salisbury steak recipe. I never have made a main dish in the microwave, but this was so easy and tasted delicious. I did have to cook mine longer because I don't think my microwave cooks that high. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme, undiluted
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and consomme until smooth. Stir in mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, onion and basil; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, seasoned salt and pepper if desired. Add beef and mix well. Shape into six oval patties; place in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes; drain. Turn patties, moving the ones in the center to the outside of dish. Pour consomme mixture over patties.
- Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with potatoes or noodles.
- I normally make a double batch of these and freeze the other half. If doing this cook up to step 3 and freeze. When ready to eat, pull from freezer and let thaw and continue with step 4.
- Can also make these on the stovetop.