Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
In my quest to find the best Salisbury Steak, I ran across this one which sounds really good.
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- hot mashed potatoes or cooked noodles
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and consomme until smooth. Stir in mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and basil; set aside. In another bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, onion, seasoned salt and pepper if desired. Add beef and mix well. Shape into six oval patties; place in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes; drain. Turn patties, moving the ones in the center to the outside of dish. Pour consomme mixture over patties. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with potatoes or noodles.
I have this exact recipe its delicious! My hubby and kids love it. Thanks for sharing your recipes!
Have made this before and my husband loved it.