The Finns make this salad with wil mushrooms when they are in season. The recipe comes from the Scandinavian Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grouns allspice
- lettuce, leafs (line platter)
- 1 tomato, cut in wedges
- dill or parsley sprig (to garnish)
- 1In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, onion, lemon juice, sugar, and black pepper.
- 2In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- 3Fold in sour cream, salt white pepper, and allspice.
- 4Fold cream mixture into mushroom mixture.
- 5Line salad platter or bowl with lettuce leaves. Add mushroom mixture; garnish with tomato wedges and dill or parsely sprigs.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Salad (Sienisalaatti-Finland)
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 305.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: