Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
The Finns make this salad with wil mushrooms when they are in season. The recipe comes from the Scandinavian Cookbook
- 1 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grouns allspice
- lettuce, leafs (line platter)
- 1 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- dill or parsley sprig (to garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, onion, lemon juice, sugar, and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold in sour cream, salt white pepper, and allspice.
- Fold cream mixture into mushroom mixture.
- Line salad platter or bowl with lettuce leaves. Add mushroom mixture; garnish with tomato wedges and dill or parsely sprigs.