Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't made this salad yet but it sounds very interesting. Submitted per request for recipes that use mushrooms. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (August 1981)
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add mushrooms and ginger.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are brown (10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and transfer to bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add salt to mushrooms, if desired.
- Arrange in a large salad bowl mint and watercress sprigs.
- Top with mushrooms and garnish with lime wedges.
Ginger gives the mushrooms a unique flavour! I followed the directions exactly & served it as part of a cold platter dinner on a very hot day. Thanx Ellie!
I was worried about this one because my DH has a hard time liking greens that dark. Besides no dressing! I sautéed the mushrooms in olive oil along with some onion and the ginger. Placed on 1/2 cup watercress in each bowl which I made for 2. Then topped with mushrooms drizzle with olive oil and squeezes lime juice over it all as the dressing. And guess what? My DH ate it all!