Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Given to me by a cousin many years ago for a family cookbook. Cook time is chill time.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups tomatoes, large pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- Rinse, pat dry and slice mushrooms.
- Combine oil, vinegar, parsley, salt, sugar, garlic powder, pepper & soy sauce; mix well.
- Pour over mushrooms, toss well.
- Add tomatoes, onion, green pepper & celery.
- Toss gently.
- Cover & refrigerate 1 hour.
- Serve over fresh spinach leaves, if desired.
Made this for Spring PAC 2014 and DH loved this mushroom salad. I did cut back some on the salad oil and used fresh garlic but otherwise followed the instructions. He loves tomatoes, celery and onions together so the salad was a hit with the mushrooms. Thank you for posting.