Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Use white or cremini mushrooms for this salad. It can be made up to two hours in advance. You can vary the herbs, just make sure you have some thyme, which is essential. This is a down-right easy to follow salad but the herbal vinegrate really brings out the wild aroma of the mushrooms. For this dish, use the FRESHEST mushrooms you can possibly get! This salad works very well as a pre-course to a chicken main dish.
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom
- parmesan cheese, shavings
- Mix parsley, basil, thyme, tarragon, and shallots together in a large bowl.
- Add vinegar and oil, then season.
- Clean and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Add the dressing and stir gently to coat the mushrooms.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, check seasoning, and stir and add the Parmesan shavings.
Thanks Izzy for a great Summer recipe that I can make in the winter too. I used the exact herbs as the recipe called for, right down to the Fresh Basil.My husband puts out an herb garden along with his vegetable garden,and we have fresh frozen herbs to use in the winter.This was a great salad.I love mushrooms and enjoy new recipes for them. Thanks again,Darlene Summers
These were tasty, quick and easy. I had them on my Xmas dinner menu, but thought I ran out of time. When our guests arrived, the guys were downstairs chatting and myself and teh gal went upstairs. Since the roast was still in the oven, I realized I had enough time to make it. I used the recipe as written and wish I could have let it sit for longer. We had leftovers the next day and they were far better, so I don't understand the '2 hour limit' in the original recipe description.
Very nice blend of flavours, very easy to put together quickly.
OMG is this salad good!! What a nice change from the usual lettuce and tomato salad. Thanks for posting!