Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Use white or cremini mushrooms for this salad. It can be made up to two hours in advance. You can vary the herbs, just make sure you have some thyme, which is essential. This is a down-right easy to follow salad but the herbal vinegrate really brings out the wild aroma of the mushrooms. For this dish, use the FRESHEST mushrooms you can possibly get! This salad works very well as a pre-course to a chicken main dish.
- Mix parsley, basil, thyme, tarragon, and shallots together in a large bowl.
- Add vinegar and oil, then season.
- Clean and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Add the dressing and stir gently to coat the mushrooms.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, check seasoning, and stir and add the Parmesan shavings.