Recipe by Izzy Knight
Use white or cremini mushrooms for this salad. It can be made up to two hours in advance. You can vary the herbs, just make sure you have some thyme, which is essential. This is a down-right easy to follow salad but the herbal vinegrate really brings out the wild aroma of the mushrooms. For this dish, use the FRESHEST mushrooms you can possibly get! This salad works very well as a pre-course to a chicken main dish.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Thanks Izzy for a great Summer recipe that I can make in the winter too. I used the exact herbs as the recipe called for, right down to the Fresh Basil.My husband puts out an herb garden along with his vegetable garden,and we have fresh frozen herbs to use in the winter.This was a great salad.I love mushrooms and enjoy new recipes for them. Thanks again,Darlene Summers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom
- parmesan cheese, shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix parsley, basil, thyme, tarragon, and shallots together in a large bowl.
- Add vinegar and oil, then season.
- Clean and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Add the dressing and stir gently to coat the mushrooms.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, check seasoning, and stir and add the Parmesan shavings.