Recipe by Lori Mama
Another delicious recipe from Cook's Country with slight adjustment. I serve this over chicken breasts, pork tenderloin, chops.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, of your choice sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soft cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saute pan, over medium high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, sage, shallots, the salt and pepper.
- Cook until the mushrooms have given up most of their moisture.
- Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add broth and cream cheese. Stir and continue cooking until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.