Recipe by swiz58
Our cooking club makes masses of these for the freezer at Christmas time.
Top Review by Kelly-Mom2Girls
Great recipe. My mom makes these but uses heavy cream. I wanted to make a dairy free version since my daughter can't have dairy. I used this recipe as a base but substituted Tofutti Cream Cheese and tossed in a splash of white wine during the saute step. They were wonderful... Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- sandwich bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and mushrooms in butter until the onions are clear and soft.
- Add cream cheese in chunks.
- Add next 4 ingredients.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Remove crusts from bread.
- Roll each slice with a rolling pin.
- Spread with mushroom mixture.
- Roll like a jelly roll.
- Brush with butter.
- To serve.
- Cut each roll in three pieces.
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400* for 10 to 15 minutes.