Recipe by Sage
A flavourful hors d’oeuvre to have on hand when unexpected friends or guests drop by. Have these ready in the freezer.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 14 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook bacon, onions and mushrooms until tender.
- Add cheese,combine and set aside.
- Trim crusts from bread and flatten slices slightly with rolling pin.
- Spread each slice with approximately 2 Tbsp of mixture.
- Roll up jelly roll fashion and secure with toothpicks.
- Place seam side down on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or freeze in a single layer.
- Place frozen roll-ups in a sealed bag and return to freezer.
- Let frozen roll-ups stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Brush rolls with melted butter.
- Bake in a 375*oven for 10-15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove toothpicks and slice in half.
- Serve warm.