Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light (Oct 2004). I have not tried it yet but it seems like it would be delicious!
Make and share this Mushroom, Roasted Red Pepper, and Goat Cheese Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (about 6 ounces)
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄4 cups crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 8 ounces cubed day-old sourdough bread (1 inch cubes, about 9 cups)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine parsley, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, leek, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; sauté 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are lightly browned. Add half of parsley mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in bell peppers. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, remaining parsley mixture, milk, egg substitute, and 3/4 cup cheese in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in mushroom mixture. Add bread; stir gently to combine. Let stand 10 minutes. Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until pudding is set and lightly browned.