Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a lovely appetizer or snack if you are feeling indulgent. Mushrooms caps stuffed with a delicious filling and baked in the oven til tender and juicy, yummmmmmm!
- 1 (16 ounce) package mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ounces pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 round buttery crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄3 cup white wine or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- Remove and chop mushroom stems; set aside mushroom caps.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan; add mushroom stems, onion, green pepper, garlic, pepperoni and oregano.
- Sauté until tender.
- Add cracker crumbs, cheese, parsley and salt; stir well.
- Stuff mushroom caps with mixture; arrange in a 13"x9" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with wine or chicken broth.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
I agree the crowd did go wild! They were the BEST stuffed mushrooms I have ever eaten. Will make again and soon! Thanks for the awesome recipe!
And the crowd went wild! OMG are these ever good. The pepperoni gives the stuffing a nice kick. We found these easy to make too. Thanks MarieAlice for sharing this with us.