Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
People love this recipe for risotto!
Make and share this Mushroom Risotto With White Wine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine, pinot grigio is good
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom
- 1 ounce dried funghi porcini or 1 ounce chanterelle mushroom
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees.
- Pour the wine, water and vegetable bouillon in a pan and let sit in medium to low heat.
- Sauté the onion in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Then, add the garlic, saffron, thyme, salt and pepper. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir well for about 5 minutes.
- Add the warm mix of wine, water and bouillon. Stir well.
- Put the pan in the oven for about 20 minutes. If rice is still not completely cooked after 20 minutes, add more water or wine and leave in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese at the end.