My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 275 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 90 g butter
- 1/2 cup arborio rice or 1/2 cup short-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, ground
- to taste flour
- to taste olive oil (for frying)
- 1Bring stock to the boil in a saucepan and leave to simmer gently.
- 2In another pan, cook chopped onion and garlic with the mushrooms in 60g butter until softened.
- 3Add the rice, stirring with a wooden spoon for a few minutes, than add about 1/2 cup of simmering stock.
- 5Cook the mixture, stirring, until the rice has absorbed the stock, then stir in another 1/2 cup of stock.
- 6Continue this way until the rice is tender and all the stock is used, about 20 minutes.
- 7Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining butter and Parmesan.
- 8Cool the mixture, then shape into 4 - 6 round shape patties.
- 9They will become quite firm.
- 10Dust with flour and fry in olive oil in a large frying pan on both sides for about 5 minutes each side, until golden.
- 11Serve with fresh tomato sauce and whatever vegetables takes your fancy.
- 12Chop the tomatoes into small chunks.
- 13Place in a large bowl, add garlic, basil and oil.
- 14Just before using, put into a saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Risotto Patties
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 115.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: