Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy Risotto recipe that will have everyone asking for seconds.
Make and share this Mushroom Risotto in Pressure Cooker recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice or 1 1⁄2 cups risotto rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In a presssure cooker, heat 4tbs Olive oil and 2 Tbs Butter.
- Add onion and garlic. Saute until translucent.
- Add portabella and rice. Stir until rice is coated with oil.
- Add Chicken broth.
- Cover and cook under high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Release pressure and add remaining 2 TBS of butter. Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve.
Wow! This was so good and so easy. This is a great base recipe. I browned some sausage then removed it from the cooker. Then sautéed some garlic, shallots, leeks and mushrooms. I added the sausage back and rice then added 3 cups of chicken stock and 1 cup of white wine. This was delicious. I will definitely make again.
I couldn't believe this method would turn out great risotto, but it does. I think more detailed instructions for releasing the pressure would be helpful for newbies like me -- run the bottom of the cooker under cold water. I added a splash of white wine to the sauteeing rice and 2 cups cubed butternut squash just before locking on the lid. Used vegetable broth and left off the cheese for a vegetarian meal. I walked into the kitchen at 6:30 p.m. and we ate dinner at 7:05, which included peeling and chopping a butternut squash. Fantastic recipe!
I cook a LOT but haven't added risotto to my repertoire because I was put off by the thought of standing at the stove, stirring, for the better part of an hour. So I was really excited to find this recipe... so excited I got up off the sofa and went to the store to buy ingredients for it right then and there... at 10:30 at night. :P I followed the recipe as written, adding a couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary and several basil leaves cut in ribbons. It's EXCELLENT and I can't thank you enough. This one's a keeper for sure.