Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is simple and tasty. If your husband is a meat and potato guy like mine he will like it too...
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained or 1 (4 ounce) can fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh garlic clove
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil.
- STIR in rice and cheese.
- Cover and remove from burner.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- For special occasions and if I have white wine leftover I saute the fresh mushrooms, fresh basil, and fresh garlic together then add to chicken broth.
This gets extra points for being very easy. Hubby really liked it.
I used regular rice and fresh mushies along with the broth, basil and garlic so, of course, I had to cook it longer. I also used much less parm cheese but that was due simply to personal taste and no butter. This was a wonderful side for tonights baked fish that was full of good flavors.
This was really good. My husband said it could have used more mushrooms but the rest of us thought it was perfect. It was quick and easy to make. Made for Fall PAC 2007.