This is simple and tasty. If your husband is a meat and potato guy like mine he will like it too...
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained or 1 (4 ounce) can fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh garlic clove
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil.
- STIR in rice and cheese.
- Cover and remove from burner.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- For special occasions and if I have white wine leftover I saute the fresh mushrooms, fresh basil, and fresh garlic together then add to chicken broth.