Recipe by PaulaG
I found this at another web site and after making a few adjustments decided to post it. It is very simple and easy. You choose the type of mushrooms you would like to use. I used dried shiitake that had been reconstituted. Delicious!
Top Review by Tarteausucre
I used more mushrooms, to use up 2# I got at Costco, and more chicken stock. 28 oz store bought and some leftovers from Recipe #118258, (about 5 cups stock) Not my first time making risotto so I made sure to heat extra broth, and glad I did. Drizzled with truffle oil. Thank you for posting PaulaG.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size saucepan, place the chicken broth and saffron.
- Bring to a boil, remove from heat and set aside.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter with the olive oil and sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice; cook and stir until golden.
- Add the heated stock 1 cup at a time, simmering and stirring occasionally until each cup is absorbed.
- After last cup of stock has been added, cover the saucepan and allow to simmer stirring frequently until rice is creamy and stock has been absorbed.
- Adjust the seasoning to suit your personal taste, add parsley and stir well.
- Top with grated cheese and serve.