1/3 Photos of Mushroom Rice Pilaf
This nice side for chicken or steak has rice, pasta, onions and of course mushrooms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/8-1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 10 -12 dried spaghetti noodles, broken into 1/2 inch pieces or 10 -12 orzo pasta
- 2 cups beef broth or 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain white rice (rinsed till water is clear)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1In butter, sauté mushrooms, onion and spaghetti noodles until noodles are browned.
- 2Add beef broth, rice and thyme sprig. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- 3Remove to serving bowl discard thyme & season with salt & pepper and garnish with pecans.
- 4For Vegetarian use the water not the beef broth.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 222.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: