Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This flavorful rice side dish is a great accompaniment to any meat dish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut in pieces (or less)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- Mix all ingredients.
- Place in buttered 2 qt.
- casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour (or until all liquid is absorbed).
- Stir before serving.
This is an excellent "go-with-anything" rice dish that I have made countless times for my family. For special occasions, I jazz it up with a couple of tablespoons of cream sherry! Yummmmmmmmmm!
This is very close to a recipe I love, eating it right now as a matter of fact. I use 1 cup of rice, 1/4c butter, about 16 oz of the broth, a large can of mushrooms and I only bake it for 40 minutes. I fixed this the first time and just didn't expect it to be as good as it really is. Thank you for posting this awesome recipe to share with others!