- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup raw long-grain rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a skillet.
- Saute the mushrooms and onions for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and saute for 3 more minutes, keep stirring.
- Pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- If it seems dry half way during cooking add a little bit of boiling water.