Recipe by mandabears
This is a recipe from Mr. Food. It makes a wonderful and easy casserole, great for weekdays and elegant enough for company.
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain or 1 1⁄2 cups whole grain rice, uncooked
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 10 1⁄2 ounces can condensed beef broth
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup, I use Low Sodium
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 50-55 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Garnish with scallion slices.