Great to pair with Chicken Marsala!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb portabella mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 lb white mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
- 2Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and stir in the shallots.
- 3Cook rice with wine in a rice cooker.
- 4Once it starts boiling, add broth.
- 5Let the rice steam for 10 mins after it pops.
- 6Stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Rice
Serving Size: 1 (871 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1173.7
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 832.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 32.1 g