Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great to pair with Chicken Marsala!
Make and share this Mushroom Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb portabella mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 lb white mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and stir in the shallots.
- Cook rice with wine in a rice cooker.
- Once it starts boiling, add broth.
- Let the rice steam for 10 mins after it pops.
- Stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.