Recipe by 49flavours
My attempt at making a copycat of Macaroni Grill's delicious Mushroom Ravioli. Be forewarned, it is very rich.
Top Review by mariali13
If it is not the same flavor as the restaurant is better!! My family loved it. I did all the prepping and waited right before serving to add the cream. I took the risk because I started dinner too early since it was a new recipe but it worked out just fine... I did not have the spices fresh but dried spices did the trick. I am sure it just became part of our family favorites menu...
- 1 lb frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces shallots, diced
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions.
- Melt the margarine over medium heat in a skillet. Saute the mushrooms, then set aside.
- Add more margarine to the same skillet, if needed, and turn the heat down to medium-low. Add the shallots, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Marsala wine, thyme, parsley, and pepper. Stir until the liquid is reduced to 2-3 tablespoons.
- Add the cream and stir constantly until reduced by half.
- Stir the mushrooms into the sauce, then spoon onto the ravioli.