Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My attempt at making a copycat of Macaroni Grill's delicious Mushroom Ravioli. Be forewarned, it is very rich.
- 1 lb frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces shallots, diced
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions.
- Melt the margarine over medium heat in a skillet. Saute the mushrooms, then set aside.
- Add more margarine to the same skillet, if needed, and turn the heat down to medium-low. Add the shallots, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Marsala wine, thyme, parsley, and pepper. Stir until the liquid is reduced to 2-3 tablespoons.
- Add the cream and stir constantly until reduced by half.
- Stir the mushrooms into the sauce, then spoon onto the ravioli.
If it is not the same flavor as the restaurant is better!! My family loved it. I did all the prepping and waited right before serving to add the cream. I took the risk because I started dinner too early since it was a new recipe but it worked out just fine... I did not have the spices fresh but dried spices did the trick. I am sure it just became part of our family favorites menu...
Great flavor. I messed up a little on the order of things, so the sauce was thin at first and I had to add some flour. But the taste was great and I think if I make things correctly next time, it will be perfect.