Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Based on a recipe from Marja Ochorowicz-Monatowa’s cookbook, Polish Cookery. My husband loves this dish and I make it for him on holidays and for his birthday, making it a frequent flyer in our household. A chef friend of ours, Lorin, says to bake it 5 to 15 minutes.
- 12 -15 medium mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon flour, heaping
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup sweet cream
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- butter, for topping
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, for topping
- Preheat oven to °400°F.
- Sprinkle mushroom slices with lemon juice in medium sauté pan. Add onion and a little butter and simmer, tightly covered, until transparent. Season with salt and pepper, dust with flour, add grated Parmesan, cream, and egg yolks. Mix thoroughly. Butter 4 6-8-ounce ramekins, sprinkle with bread crumbs, and dot with butter.
- Bake 5 minutes.
Now I know, Polish cooks are wonderful! Enjoyed the hint of lemon and the egg yolk -superb. Mine did come out with a bit too much liquid-think it was something to do with keeping it on the burner too long-my fault not recipe-b/c the thickness was good and then the next thing I know the sauce was separating so truly think I had it on the heat too long. Served ours with baked pork chops and a baked potato. Thank you mersaydees for sharing.